Redeeming a gift card in a physical store / Point-of-Sale (POS)
Note: this requires the PW Gift Cards Pro version.
You can redeem a Gift Card in store using the following process:
1. A transaction is started in your Point of Sale (POS) system.
2. Gift card is presented to the cashier by the customer.
3. Cashier clicks on Pimwick Plugins -> PW Gift Cards -> Types in the number (or usually first 4-5 digits will find it in search results).
4. Click on Adjust Balance button and enter the amount being redeemed for the purchase. Optionally enter the POS receipt number.
5. Return to the POS and adjust the total by the amount redeemed on the gift card.
Alternatively, there is a setting you can enable to put a “Debit Gift Card” button on the “Check Balance” page. That way a cashier in the physical shop would not need to log in to debit the gift card that was used in the store.
Click on Pimwick Plugins -> PW Gift Cards -> Settings -> Check the “Allow Manual Debit” checkbox. Now you can visit your “Check Balance” page and see the button to debit the supplied gift card.